Help with TTS and BT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with TTS and BT

Post by RuggedHunter on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:55 pm

I am trying to get Tasker TTS actions and also Google Maps audio to route to either phone speaker or bluetooth mono dynamic (or just mono if there's a way to hang up automatically). My setup is a rooted s6 edge plus and a Ford vehicle with SYNC.

The only way I've found to get both audio to come thru car speakers is: Connectable Devices > Bluetooth Settings > Media Audio Behavior > either one of the mono settings. No matter which I choose, the audio first comes out of my device speaker, transitions you car with no delay, then mutes for 1-2 seconds, then returns and plays any remaining audio, if there is any. With Dynamic, the "phone call" disconnects automatically after the speech engine completes. With Mono, the "phone call" never disconnects, until I hang up with the car controls. I'm not sure what causes that 2 sec mute after the audio has already begun and after the transfer to BT...but if I change the stream of the Say action in Tasker from Media to Call, it does not occur (but it still begins the audio thru the earpiece of the phone for a full second before transferring to BT).

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is delay the utterance long enough to wait out the transfer to BT and asks that second of mute. I've been researching and testing for two days and have been unable to solve. I'm hoping to get this working before the trial period expires, to decide if I can purchase pro.

I understand that mono canot be delayed, that the delay must come from three TTS controls of SA. Everything that I have tried results in zero audio thru BT. I'm not understanding how to setup TTS and still have the audio come from BT.

I have had some success setting up TTS output from the phone speaker. But if my Tasker task has multiple Say actions (all of mine do), then SA only catches the second action and puts thru speaker. The first action and any actions following the second are all played, but not heard. Expanding my volume control panel during playback, I can see that the media stream icon remains on BT for the first action, changed to Music for the second action, then changes back to Bluetooth for the remaining actions.

When attempting TTS settings method, I revert all of the above Connectable settings to defaults, then set: Text To Speech Behavior > Android TTS [SoundAbout] > SoundAbout TTS [Acapela] > Audio Output [Speaker].....all others at defaults.

Can anyone help me get this working smoothly? If not, is there a shell script that I can use to toggle between Device and SYNC as the audio output device? I would settle for all TTS audio to come from device speaker, but would prefer a BT method of possible.

RuggedHunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with TTS and BT

Post by RuggedHunter on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:41 am

So, I've learned that the posts I was researching in regards to Google Maps were outdated and that there is no way to fix it. I've installed copilot, and have SA working perfectly with it now. If I can figure out the intent required to convert my AutoVoice profiles to copilot, I'll buy that app.

SA doesn't handle my other tasks very well. They are looping tasks that repeat Say actions too quickly for the switch to BT at each utterance. I need the task setup that way in order to have the ability to Pause, if necessary. Stacking an array and pushing it all into a single Say action at the end won't work because once sent to the TTS engine, the action must complete before another can run to interrupt it.

RuggedHunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:22 am

CoPilot does work well because it uses TTS for all of its directions and doesn't pre-record messages that will play through the speaker (not needed TTS). Google Maps has switched to doing all their TTS inside of maps using ONLY the google TTS engine.

That thread is here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/t418-using-google-navigation-waze-or-co-pilot-and-even-ivona-for-the-voices

This is part of the reason why I don't have a Tasker plugin.
You can image the flood of support issues when everyone is doing their own thing.

Bluetooth is a bear to work with because it takes a while to connect and seems very volatile on the system (causing crashes...etc).

SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum