Can't set ringer volume

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't set ringer volume

Post by kire456 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:23 am

Hi!
With SoundAbout enabled (and my phone restarted) I am unable to increase the ringer volume above 'silent'. So, when I press Volume Up, the volume slider appears but stays at the far left, and the "vibrate" icon changes to a "bell" icon. Touching the slider to set it to a higher value has it jump back to 0 immediately.
I can also set the ringer mode back to vibrate by pressing Volume Down, but I have to press it equally as often as I pressed Volume Up before. So it does remember the volume setting, but when I get a call the ringtone doesn't play.
Any ideas what might be going wrong? I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact with android 5.1.1.
Thanks!

kire456

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't set ringer volume

Post by SoundAbout on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:46 pm

It sounds like SoundAbout is actively connected to another audio output other than the regular speaker. Are you paired to any Bluetooth devices while trying to change the volume?

If you drag down the notification, at the top of the screen, what does the SoundAbout notification say? Does it say "Phone speaker for media", or something else?

Also, with Android 5.1.1, I'm guess you have some kind of profiles that you can set in certain situations. Do you have profiles for Vibrate, Home, Silent....etc?

SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kire456 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:23 pm

It says "Phone speaker for media, touch to configure". Doesn't say anything about the ringer, but in SA itself I've set everything to "Let the app decide".

I didn't know about profiles, but Settings contains a "Users and profiles" section. The only user and/or profile is me Smile

kire456

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm

There is a User Profile section. Sometimes there is also a "System profile" section or there is something after clicking on Settings and then Sound. Some phones have profiles in the sound section that can update sound/volume based on the phone being connected to Bluetooth/Wifi/...etc.
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kire456 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:07 am

Don't have it. There are some Sony settings for normalization of songs, but they're all off. Besides, I got this problem only after installing SoundAbout. I just tried uninstalling SoundAbout, and immediately I can set the ringer volume to anything I like...

There is a separate app for setting vibration during working hours. It seems that after this app has taken any action, be it enabling or disabling sound, the volume slider gets stuck Shocked Even disabling all profiles has no effect when this has happened, I have to uninstall+reinstall SoundAbout to get volume control back. The app is called Sony SmartConnect[1].

1. I may not post links but it is here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonyericsson.extras.liveware&hl=en

kire456

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum