Specific App Connections?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Specific App Connections?

Post by dlfuller on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm kinda lost in all the options available in your SoundAbout Android app.

Bluetooth works for phone calls in my vehicle, but does not work with Media Audio from apps. So my Media Audio is set to Speaker in SoundAbout which works fine. Navigation apps in particular.

But now I want to connect a Wired Headset to listen to Media Audio when not in the vehicle. Audio Player apps in particular. Right now I set Media Audio to Wired Headset to do that.

Can some apps be connected to speakers while others are connected to wired audio? Or possibly using the Wired Headsets settings in Connectable Devices to override a setup to Speakers? I don't get what all those Wired Headset options do.

I'd appreciate any helpful comments. Thanks.

Don

dlfuller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clarification

Post by dlfuller on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:57 pm

None of my apps involved have settings to choose where their audio goes.

What I'm trying to accomplish is:

1. Only the phone app uses Bluetooth audio when available.  Otherwise it uses the Speaker/Headphone Jack.

2. The other apps never use Bluetooth audio.  Only Speaker or Headphones when something is plugged into the jack.

dlfuller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Specific App Connections?

Post by SoundAbout on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm

#1 will happen with media audio and phone audio settings on "let app decide".
Audio can't be set based what app is running as there is no way to know what app is active.
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by dlfuller on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:48 pm

#1 works fine with other apps when Media Audio is set to "Speaker" instead of "Let App Decide." But then the problem is simply no headphone audio when they are plugged in.

I don't need to set Media Audio based on any particular app – only keep all Media Audio away from Bluetooth regardless of app settings if any. An additional Media Audio option combining Speaker OR Headphones (if plugged in) in addition to the current separate Speaker and Headphones options would do the job.

dlfuller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:08 pm

1) Set "Media Audio" to "Let app decide".

2) If you don't want Bluetooth A2DP to ever be used, then press on "Connectable devices", then press "Bluetooth settings". Next press "Media audio behavior". In this section, you can un-check the "Bluetooth (A2DP) auto usage".
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum