No TTS audio over BT mono

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No TTS audio over BT mono

Post by laptopu on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Hello, this is a long shot and I would really appreciate any advice.

I have a Samsung S2 (i9100) with Cyanogenmod 12 installed (Lollipop 5.1.1) and I am trying to route Google turn by turn navigation over bluetooth to a Nokia CK-7W car kit. The car kit is phone audio only.

With SoundAbout installed and set to BT mono dynamic, the phone starts to say a direction then the car kit cuts in and the phone stops its audio, but no audio comes over the car kit.

Here's the bit that gets me. I have tried almost every version of SoundAbout released this year including betas. I was on KitKat 4.2.2 before today and had exactly the same problem. I have tried Google and Pico TTS as the underlying engines but the problem is the same (I make sure SoundAbout is the default TTS engine just in case anyone wonders if it's a setting - I don't think it is).

And the bit that gets me - I have tried every BT app I can find on Google Play, most of them trigger my car kit but none of them produce audio.

Am I doomed? The only thing I can think of is ripping out my car kit but I don't use satnav enough to justify buying a new car kit. Really appreciate any advice people can offer, thanks.

laptopu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No TTS audio over BT mono

Post by DevAuto on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:37 pm

I don't know if it will help or not, but all the posts I've found say that you should be using BT Mono, not BT Mono Dynamic. If I understand correctly, the detection used for the BT Mono Dynamic isn't fast enough to get Google turn by turn directions.

I'm not positive though, as I can't even get the SoundAbout TTS to load, it crashes EVERY time, so I am unable to actually try any of the different settings to confirm them.

Good Luck, HTH!

DevAuto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum