Problem with Mono Microphone Override

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Mono Microphone Override

Post by JonnieBlaze on Sat May 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi,

I had the version of SoundAbout thats in the Google Play store. Using that, I couldn't get the bluetooth microphone to be used when using phone functions like voice recorder, S Voice, and voice controlling the music player. And for some reason, even though I had the latest version, I didn't have a trial period so I couldn't try the "Mono Microphone Override".

So, I downloaded the latest beta version. Now I have the Pro Trial period. Using the defaults, everything worked as I explained above. Now I had access to the Mono Microphone Override and I tried that. As soon as I turned it on, the music player no longer routes through bluetooth, in fact it still plays but I get no audio from it anywhere. As soon as I uncheck the Mono Microphone Override the music player starts playing through bluetooth again.

All I need is phone audio and media audio to go through the bluetooth at all times, as well as the bluetooth mic being used for all phone functions.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 if that helps.

Any ideas?

JonnieBlaze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Mono Microphone Override

Post by SoundAbout on Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Is your music going to a Bluetooth media device (A2DP)? If so, Android won't allow you to use a Bluetooth SCO phone device microphone while sending audio to a Bluetooth media (A2DP) device.

When you do this, it will most likely force the built-in microphone to be used. I can be listening to headphones while using the Bluetooth SCO microphone, but I cannot be listening with Bluetooth headphones.

This is forced in Android's audio policy manager code.

SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by pnutty1982 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi I also have a Galaxy S3 but I do not have an option for microphone override in the bluetooth settings. This is my first time installing the free app.

pnutty1982

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm trying to catch up on all message board posts.

If you want to override only the microphone, there are widgets that allow turning on JUST the microphone for a wired headset, Bluetooth headset, or USB microphone. They are all separate widgets.

There is a thread on this here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/t21-bluetooth-mono-microphone-while-audio-output-is-phone-speaker-wired-headset-or-some-other-audio-output

Also, There are some recent fixes in the latest Beta Version.

You can try it out by downloading it from here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/f8-download-beta-versions

SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by aenertia on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:34 pm

This widget/toggle does not work, when paired in HFP mode (mono bluetooth) to a receiver with no MIC pickup, the Phone's MIC never get's used regardless what state the widget toggle is in.

aenertia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler_durden_83 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:26 pm

aenertia wrote:This widget/toggle does not work, when paired in HFP mode (mono bluetooth) to a receiver with no MIC pickup, the Phone's MIC never get's used regardless what state the widget toggle is in.

I'm pretty sure that I'm having this same issue sadly....

tyler_durden_83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum