A2DP to Headset Profile?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A2DP to Headset Profile?

Post by DLCPhoto on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:20 pm

When my phone (Galaxy Note 3) is Bluetooth connected to my car's built-in radio, everything works fine except if the car is on, for example, XM Radio. If a phone call comes in, the call overrides the XM as it should and I can take the call using the car's microphone and speakers.

But if I'm using Google Maps, while listening to XM Radio, the voice directions aren't heard (as they're going over a2dp Bluetooth profile presumably), since they're only heard if the Bluetooth mode is selected on the car's radio. They don't override the XM or other mode the car radio is set to, as a phone call does.

Is there a way to enable the Google maps voice to be heard regardless of which mode the car radio is set to, just as a phone call does? Would your app allow this and if so, what settings would be used?

Ideally playing music would still use a2dp to maximize sound quality, but I suspect this may not be possible.

Thanks.
Don

DLCPhoto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A2DP to Headset Profile?

Post by DLCPhoto on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:17 am

Is this support board active? Still hoping for an answer. I had emailed the author from the Google play store and an auto reply sent me here.

DLCPhoto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum