Navigation directions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Navigation directions

Post by manni9999de on Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 pm

original written by SoundAbout:

Future setting might be called TextToSpeech behavior with another setting called Audio output (like Media Audio): You can map any TTS audio to various audio outputs, including Bluetooth (mono). To do this, I have to create a TextToSpeech wrapper called SoundAbout TTS. Within the setting of SoundAbout TTS, you can select any "real" TTS engine on the phone. This will allow TextToSpeech requests to be capture by my app. I can then switch the audio routing while holding the TTS. Once the audio is re-routing, I can let the TTS get translated into speech. This way you don't miss anything. I have this working, but Google Maps/Nav is sending me ALL the directions at once instead of just the current instruction. To combat this, there is a setting called "Max utterance per request". This setting allows you to choose how many utterances the SoundAbout TTS engine will synthesize to your chosen audio output at one time.

This feature would be the solution for comfortable navigation directions.

manni9999de

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Navigation directions

Post by SoundAbout on Thu May 09, 2013 1:05 am

It is currently in the Beta version. The link to download is in the latest Beta version:

Forum link here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/t40-beta-version-2494
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by manni9999de on Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 am

Today I have tested beta version 2.4.9.4.
Redirecting navigation instructions to my Hands Free (HFP only) is the goal.

TTS Settings:
I have tried Samsung TTS, SoundAbout TTS and Google TTS.
With Navigon 4.8.0, there is no sound output by bluetooth.
TTS voice is selected within Navigon.
Selecting bluetooth mono, there is sound.

Testing google navigation, I got navigation instructions via my HF.
The volume of the instruction is very low. Setting a higher volume is not storded.
One time, the App doesn't detect the end of an instruction and the radio sound is blocked by the HF.
Two attempts after this, the google navigation hangs every time during startup.

I had to remove SoundAbout.

My smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy SII , 4.1.2

Without SoundAbout, navigation instructions can be send to the radio by cable (USB out in Samsung car-modus).
The radio must be set to CD-Audio replay.

The second way is to select bluettooth navigation instructions output in the navigon app.
Then the radio is switched permanent to phone modus as long as the navigations runs.

manni9999de

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Thu May 09, 2013 11:20 am

It sounds like Navigon is routing its own audio and is probably overriding anything SoundAbout tries to do. If that is the case, there is not much any app can do as Navigon has more control over its own audio.

I am aware of the volume issues when sending Google navigation through TTS over to Bluetooth. I set the volume high, so I suspect the issue is the decibel level used when synthesizing the text to speech.
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum