Bluetooth AD2P Phone call with phone mic enabled.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bluetooth AD2P Phone call with phone mic enabled.

Post by Mako79 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi everyone. I have purchased the full version SoundAbout.
In summary, is there an option to control the phone mic?

Scenario
I have purchased http://www.amazon.com/Adapsonic-Bluetooth-Cassette-Adapter-Streaming/dp/B008PUPBF6 AD2P Bluetooth cassette tape. It does NOT have built in mic. Please dont ask me to upgrade the head unit as the unit is a stock BOSE system with its own loom/harnest.

The AD2P stereo streaming is fine. When a phone call is received, i can only hear the person via car speakers. They cannot hear me as the head set profile (HSP) automatically assume the the bluetooth device has a built in mic and turns the phone mic off.

Is there anyway Soundabout can nominate the phone mic?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Bluetooth Cassette Tape

Mako79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bluetooth AD2P Phone call with phone mic enabled.

Post by SoundAbout on Thu May 09, 2013 1:21 am

Android won't allow audio to be sent to Bluetooth A2DP during a phone call, so this cassette device must support both A2DP for media and also Bluetooth SCO for phone calls.

If a Bluetooth mono SCO device, is being used for a phone call, Android forces the Bluetooth mono SCO microphone to be used. The audio profile manager will not allow a switch to the phone's built-in speaker, when Bluetooth is being used. I'm surprised the device doesn't have a microphone somewhere in the receiver.

I wonder if Apple allows the phone mic to be used with Bluetooth and that is why this product doesn't have a microphone?
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako79 on Thu May 09, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks Dave
I had this cassette specially shipped from the US as they are not available in Australia.
I didn't read carefully in the description that it did not come with a built in mic.
I assumed thinking that all AD2P should atleast have a built in mic. I too was surprised.
Thanks for your timely response.

Mako79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Thu May 09, 2013 11:14 am

I wish Android would allow phone call audio to be played over A2DP devices. My guess is that they don't allow due to feedback concerns.
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum