SoundAbout kicking in while headphones/line-in are unplugged...can't use phone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SoundAbout kicking in while headphones/line-in are unplugged...can't use phone

Post by Ytsejamer1 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a new issue with SoundAbout (Pro) on my Samsung S3.  For the last two releases, I've had a problem where when the headset is plugged in, everything works fine while in the car.  I can listen to stuff and phone calls get routed correctly.  However, when I unplug the headphone/line-in cable and receive a phone call, SoundAbout kicks in again and keeps re-reouting the phone audio presumably to the headphone jack...which isn't plugged in.

I have to kill the service for my phone to work correctly.

After Soundabout was updated the last couple of times, I HAVE indeed rebooted the phone.

Is there something I can check or do to try and resolve this?
Ytsejamer1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SoundAbout kicking in while headphones/line-in are unplugged...can't use phone

Post by SoundAbout on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:52 am

Sorry,   I've been sick the past week and I'm just getting back to answering emails/message board.

You are unplugging the wired headset and then the next phone call comes in and you can't hear the person because the audio is being routed to the headset jack, which is no longer plugged in.

Do you have the "Headset toggle" widget on the home screen?  The image and text change when you plug/unplug a wired headset. Also, if you set the "SoundAbout service" setting to "ON - Foreground" and turn on the Notification/Status bar setting, then you can see a status bar update as to where SoundAbout is routing the audio.

When you unplug the wired headset, check if the widget icon/text changes and if the notification/status bar text changes from "wired headphones" to "phone speaker".

If it is staying on wired headset, then the phone's headset jack hole may have a switch that is stuck or have lint in the hole.

Meanwhile, I will try reproducing the issue on my end.

If you want to try the latest Beta, they are located here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: SoundAbout kicking in while headphones/line-in are unplugged...can't use phone

Post by Ytsejamer1 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:37 pm

I went through the process of changing the SoundAbout service modes and rebooting to clear out old settings or whatever. So far that may have done the trick.

I definitely don't have lint in the plug as everything is working as expected and it seems the port is working normally after doing the above fix. When the issue was occurring, the SA icon was not in the status bar with the wire unplugged. The only time it showed up was when a phone call came in and it was unplugged. The SA icon would show up and the service would kick in, sending it through the headphone jack...which was unplugged. Strange

I do not have the headset toggle on the home screen.

Thanks!
Ytsejamer1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:51 am

There have been some issues with Android killing background services when an app is swiped from the task list.

The latest Beta that I am working on now may work better, but I am working out some issues with Text-To-Speech settings saving because the TTS service is now running in a separate process.

Let me know if the issue crops up again.
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 am

I just uploaded the Beta version the other day. The status bar settings are now merged with the SoundAbout service setting which simpler.

There are also new Alert/notification/ringer settings.

If you already have SoundAbout installed and you want to install the Beta, first go into phone settings, Manage apps, find SoundAbout and click it. Click Clear cache, clear data, force stop and un-install. Then install the new Beta fresh. I also usually restart the phone, just to start the services fresh as well.

The beta is here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum