android and lexus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

android and lexus

Post by ericzagar on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:19 pm

I have been trying to pair my Droid4 (running Android 4.1.2) with my 2013 Lexus CT200. When I pair just the media player it works normally, but of course the phone is not connected. When I pair the media player and the phone, the media player only works on the mono and mono dynamic settings; on the a2dp setting I get nothing. I tried pairing the media player alone and then the phone separately but that did not work; I can only pair the phone simultaneously with the media player.

How do I get both the phone and the media player paired and working normally?

ericzagar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: android and lexus

Post by SoundAbout on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:26 pm

I can't speak much to the pairing part. You should be able to pair a device and choose if it connects as phone/media or both. That is covered here:
http://soundabout.userboard.net/t11-check-if-bluetooth-device-pairs-as-phone-media-or-both

If you want to connect as BOTH and switch using SoundAbout, Give this Beta a try. I updated the methods used to connect to a Bluetooth mono device (microphone/headset)

There are also a lot of new Notification/Ringer settings.

You may want to clear the app cache and data, install and restart the phone.

http://soundabout.userboard.net/f8-download-beta-versions

"Media audio" set to "Let app decide" will try to use Bluetooth A2DP if connect as such. The car radio would probably have to be on some Bluetooth Aux setting for the phone to connect using Bluetooth A2DP.
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by ericzagar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:13 pm

"Media audio" set to "Let app decide" will try to use Bluetooth A2DP if connect as such.

My problem is that I get no sound when "media audio" uses Bluetooth A2DP.  My device acts as if the audio is routed to the car stereo, but no sound comes out.  I can only get sound when "media audio" uses Bluetooth mono.  

Also, I was mistaken when I said it works normally when I pair only the media player.  It worked normally immediately after pairing, but after that I had the same problem on the Bluetooth A2DP setting, i.e., the device acting as if the audio is routed to the car stereo but no sound coming out.

ericzagar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:22 am

If it was doing this before and after installing SoundAbout, then you may have an incompatibility issue between the Bluetooth drivers on the phone and the car.

Take a look on XDA developers forum. You can find forums for your specific phone and search for various issues. Sometimes a certain ROM or kernel may overcome this issue. If you have an interest in rooting the phone and installing a ROM, it could help this issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

One thing I've found on that forum is the following post:

The reason why the phone won't auto pair, is because the phone does not give your carkit permission to download call history and other data. Even if you granted the phone this permission with the initial pairing.

If you have a carkit that supports multiple bluetooth profiles (multiple phones), like my Mazda CX-5 does, then you can also have your phonebook downloaded to your car. If your carkit supports multiple profiles, start with step 1. If yours doesn't, start with step 7. This guide is specifically for the Mazda CX-5, so some steps may be (slightly) different for your car model or make.

Here is the step by step guide:

1. Make sure you have no existing bluetooth pairs. Clear all pairs in your carkit and your phone.

2. Pair the phone with your carkit. You can see the randomly generated code on your phone and on the car display. Press ok to pair. (other carkits may need you to input "0000" or "1234", or maybe you have to input a code yourself)

3. Your phone will ask 2 questions about permissions. Check the box and allow. The phone will start to sync.

4. You carkit is done with syncing and it will ask you if you want to download your phonebook. Do this.

5. When its done copying, clear the Bluetooth pair on your phone (not on the Carkit!)

6. Give your phone a different Bluetooth name

7. In your carkit choose to pair a new phone (with the new name you just entered).

8. When the phone asks for permission for the carkit, check the box and choose cancel. Do this for both questions.

You don't have to copy your phonebook again (you can't anyway because you denied permission), but the phonebook that was downloaded earlier will still be available. Now the phone will pair automatically! With this trick you have your phonebook and automatic pairing.

I haven't seen what this does for media-audio streaming. I don't use that, but I can image that it doesn't work, because of the denied permissions.

There is another downside to this though (there always is, isn't it?). You cannot update your phonebook easily. If you want to update your phonebook, repeat the whole procedure.

I hope this will work for other people with different phones and cars too. At least this is a workaround until Google/Samsung comes with a fix. Please let us know if this works in your situation. To keep things structured, please use this format:

SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum