App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

Post by Plainsman40166 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi. I have a Droid Razr Maxx (not HD). I was trying to use brand new earbuds with the Maxx yesterday, and got only silence. So I installed Soundabout. And voila I could hear a radio program through the buds. That is the good part. The bad part is that I cannot now hear voice commands through the Plantronics M1100 BT device when I instead place that in my ear. Before SoundAbout (SA), I could hear the voice recognition software asking for the name I wanted called, and sometimes repeating it back to me, through the BT. And I could speak a name. Now I cannot hear those commands at all, or any reaction to my voice. But if I manually touch a Contact, then the call will go through and I can hear the ringing, followed by the voice of the person being called. So, I want to continue to hear radio through the earbuds. But also I want to be able to switch to a BT device. And I want to hear audio commands when calling out through it. For info, I bought SA pro today but no setting I have tried has worked. I suppose I could uninstall SA and pro but don't want to. Anybody got any ideas? I would sure appreciate it.

Plainsman40166

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

Post by SoundAbout on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 pm

How are you activating the voice recognition from the Bluetooth headset? Is there a button on the headset that you press to get it to ask you for a name?
SoundAbout
Admin

View user profile http://soundabout.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

Post by Plainsman40166 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Yes, there is a button on the M1100 device that has to be pressed twice in rapid succession. This initiates a call.

Plainsman40166

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreggH on Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Same thing with my Plantronix Voyager Legend. Can make phone calls, but have to look at the phone to see what I am being asked for, since the voice from the phone doesn't make it to the Legend. This is in both the release and the first beta versions. Oh, and I have to press and hold the earpiece button to make a call.

GreggH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum